Brother accused of killing twin | News
DEL CITY, OK -- A man was arrested on a charge of first degree murder after his twin brother was shot and killed Tuesday morning. Stacy Robinson, 19, has turned himself into police. Robinson is accused of killing his twin brother, Traston, whose body was found inside an apartment near the 3300 block of Bryant. "Siblings fight and sometimes there are accidents too. So in cases like this, you really don't know until you investigate it thoroughly, exactly how the death occurred, "said Captain Jody Suit, Del City Police.
Investigators don't know what led to the shooting or the circumstances surrounding it.
Family members and friends of the brothers say it was an accident.
Sharondia Myers, a family friend, tells us her son was in the apartment at the time of the shooting.
"He just said, I mean, it was an accident, you know? They were just sitting there, the gun went off," said Myers.
Friends describe the brothers as best friends.
Stacy Robinson is being held at the Oklahoma County Jail.
The shooting is still under investigation.
Upcoming Events near Midwest City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover